357 Rose Ave
Mill Valley, CA
- Beds 4
- Baths 5
- Sq.Ft 3915
- Status Sale
Offered at $ 3 , 1 9 5 , 0 0 0
Welcome to 357 Rose Avenue, a stunningly modern home in Mill Valley that balances the beauty of nature with contemporary design. Perfect for those looking for a getaway, change of lifestyle, family retreat, or legacy purchase. Located in beautiful Mill Valley Heights, above Cascade Canyon and on the sunny, wind protected side of Mt. Tam, enjoy spectacular views from your private balcony or take advantage of miles and miles of hiking trails right from your backdoor. Completed in 2011 by renowned architect Jared Polsky, with a commitment to modern form and function, this spacious, 3,915 SF, 4 BD, 5 BA home offers an unbeatable combination of style and comfort. You will be captivated by the designer finishes that create a true resort feel while still providing an extremely well-functioning home including an elevator servicing all levels of the living spaces. With a perfect floor plan and designer finishes throughout, this stunning property is sure to captivate your senses. Enjoy all that nature has to offer while still having the convenience of being just minutes from downtown Mill Valley and close enough to San Francisco for an easy commute. Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity - come experience it for yourself today!
Main Living Area:
- The Chef’s kitchen, family room, dining area and living room constitute the great room which offers an open floor plan concept, custom finishes, clean, high-tech and smart design with white oak floors, glass railings, skylights, remote controlled gas fireplace, powder room and spacious view terraces for perfect indoor-outdoor living and entertaining.
- Each living area is astutely designed with its own vaulted ceiling, large picture windows, glass doors that open to the three exterior livings spaces. Nuvu surround sound built-in speakers and three large remote-controlled skylights. A four-panel folding Nana Wall seamlessly transitions the family room to the oversized terrace and highlights the unobstructed views of Mill Valley, San Francisco Bay and the Bay Bridge.
- Custom cabinetry, designer stainless steel appliances, including double sinks, 6 burner Thermador stovetop with grill, double Thermador convection ovens, 38 bottle Avanti dual zone wine chiller, Viking built-in microwave, Thermador dishwasher, high-tech Broan Elite trash compactor and Thermador oversized refrigerator.
- Bar seating for four people with under seat storage.
- Custom vacport conveniently located under center island.
- Ample storage and custom built-in organizers throughout the kitchen.
- The primary suite is truly a sanctuary and includes a private terrace and remote-controlled gas fireplace. The spa-like bath boasts a two person deep seated soaking tub with jets and waterfall filling ceiling fixture, stylish Hansgrohe shower with oversized chrome waterfall rain shower head, detached rinsing wand, double custom vanity with Caesarstone countertops and large custom, walk-in closet.
- The junior suite adjacent to the primary suite offers a private patio and full ensuite bath with air jet tub.
- Two additional bedrooms, laundry room and full bathroom are conveniently located together on one level. All bedroom closets have custom built-ins and organizers.
Media and Wine Room:
- 1700+/- bottle temperature and humidity-controlled wine room is a keystone for every wine enthusiast. Not into wine? This area is ideally suited for a home gym or office…
- Large media room, adjacent to wine room, is ideal for a home theater, lounge, game room or secondary entertaining space…
- Peaceful, tranquil setting
- Serviced by an elevator to all levels of the living spaces
- Totally turn-key, low maintenance
- Perfect work from home location
- Fire hardened throughout and fully sprinklered
- Radiant heated white oak hardwood floors throughout
- Built in surround sound
- Security system, built-in speaker system with phone/camera/intercom on all levels
- Elegant home elevator offers service to each floor
- Temperature controlled wine cellar
- Multi-generational floor plan with separation between the guest level, primary suite and public areas
- Abundant storage closets
- Two car attached garage with epoxy flooring, built-in storage & extra-large storage closet
- Ample off-street parking
- Laundry room with soaking sink and custom cabinets
- Central vacuum & custom vacport in kitchen
- Two gas fireplaces
- Three remote controlled skylights
- Close to downtown Mill Valley
- Back stairs lead to Cypress Trail, just down from Dipsea Trail and miles of hiking & biking trails
- Extraordinary views
Feel like you are on vacation year round with direct access to world class hiking trails and just 10 miles from San Francisco and a little over 1 mi to downtown Mill Valley. There are multiple ways to get to Rose Avenue. The most direct driving route: E. Blithedale (or Miller) Left on Throckmorton, Left on Cascade veer right at turn about... stay on Cascade...Left on Marion, sharp Right on Monte Vista and Left on Rose... It's a beautiful route through Cascade Canyon with more hikers than cars! OR Miller Ave to Montford (2 am), Right on Molino continue straight to Edgewood, 3rd Right onto Marion, Right on Marion Ave then stay straight onto Monte Vista, turn Right to stay on Monte Vista Ave then turn Left to stay on Monte Vista Ave, Left on Rose! All showings are by appointment to this owner-occupied home. For a private showing, please contact Sherrie Faber @ 415.339.9200 with preferred showing times. Please note there are two indoor kitties in residence. Sellers both work from home and have loved the peace and tranquility this amazing home offers. They also travel a great deal with their jobs, and are impressed with the low maintenance of the home. They are downsizing and moving out of the area. A complete Disclosure Package, including all reports, is available upon request. This property is not on MLS at this time. There are no signs at the property. **357 Rose Avenue was designed and built by renowned architect, Jared Polsky of Polsky Perlstein Architects and master builder, Jeff Matthew of JD Mathew Construction with the finest materials available, in 2011. *** Photos were taken late morning and at sunset on the same day to show off the beautiful light and vistas from every view point...