509 Johnson Street Sausalito, CA
- Beds 3
- Baths 3.5
- Sq.Ft 2440
- Status Sold
509 Johnson Street
3 BEDS | 3.5 BATHS | 2440± SQFT | $3.75M
Not on MLS
Off market opportunity! High-Quality Construction in a Highly Sought-After Location with Panoramic Bay and Tam Views!
Amazing opportunity to own this stunning light filled craftsman style home with awesome views, great outdoor space and only a short distance to downtown Sausalito. Rebuilt in 2015 with the finest custom finishes throughout, the timeless design provides a functional floor plan for every stage of life. The scale, flow, natural light, indoor-outdoor experience, and the thoughtful arrangement of rooms create a forever home that most could only dream about. Located in a highly sought after micro-climate, 1½ blocks to the heart of town with award winning restaurants, shopping, restaurants, marinas and transportation - This one checks all the boxes!
No detail has been spared… From the moment you arrive at 509 Johnson, the home greets you with amazing curb appeal that will excite you to see what’s inside. The incorporation of clean lines, crisp palette, top of the line finishes and natural materials will keep the design appealing for the life of the home. The beautiful, landscaped walkway leads you to a charming etched glass front door and entry landing. Upon entering, be prepared to be wowed by the architectural elements and details. Gleaming hardwood floors, floating stairs, designer lighting, with nautical finishes throughout.... The perfect light filled home to watch the intimate views of Sausalito's waterfront and breathtaking sunsets behind Mt. Tam. Enchanting...
- Custom Single Family Residence built in 2015 with renewable, energy efficient details throughout.
- Chef’s kitchen with Wolf & Sub Zero appliances, custom black walnut island, pantry - all opening to the views and indoor/outdoor living.
- Great Room (living room/dining/room/kitchen) has panoramic views to Mt. Tam and Richardson Bay, gleaming hardwood floors and adjacent den with walls of view windows and French doors that lead to outdoor entertaining deck, hot tub and built in barbecue.
- Living area has built in seating with storage and programmable window shades.
- Dining area has Ortal gas fireplace.
- Three bedrooms, three and half bathrooms (two en suite)
- Primary Suite has two custom closets, programmable skylights, beautiful Bay views, window seat (and storage) and the original claw foot tub!
- Second bedroom suite on the upper level is currently used as a den.
- Powder room conveniently located adjacent to public rooms.
- Family room/office with custom built-in desk is adjacent to kitchen.
- Fully equipped outdoor shed/office.
- Warm floors radiant heat system fed by domestic how water heater. Individually programmable thermostats for each of five zones.
- Two car tandem garage, with one Tesla and one BMW i3 charging stations.
- Separate utility room with sink, storage and easy access to yard.
- Separate laundry room with full size washer/dryer.
- Beautiful custom cabinetry and built-ins throughout.
- Great floor plan with separate guest quarters on lower level.
- Tesla Solar Panel and back up battery.
- Beautiful drought resistant gardens designed by master gardener/owner.
- Indoor/outdoor flow to backyard, hot tub, built-in barbecue and separate outdoor office.
- Approximately 2440 square feet of living space on 4380 square foot, beautifully landscaped and irrigated fire hardened lot.
The original house was built in roughly 1910. The current owners completely rebuilt the house in 2014-15. The house was lifted, excavated and an entirely new foundation was created. Much of the original framing was preserved. The remodeled house is in the same location and on the same footprint as the original home, with exception of the entry landing and 1 foot roof elevation. All construction drawings and photographs of the construction process can be delivered to the new owner.
- Marble counters and backsplash
- Franke 45” x 20” stainless steel double sink
- Sub-zero over/under 36” refrigerator / freezer
- Sub-zero 40 bottle dual zone wine refrigerator
- Wolf steam oven
- Wolf 30” Professional oven
- Wolf 36” six burner gas range with Ventahood
- Wolf 24” drawer microwave
- Bosch dishwasher
- Black walnut island with dish storage and electrical outlets
- Black walnut bar
- Under cabinet lighting and electrical outlets
- Under cabinet opening windows
- Ortal natural gas fireplace with remote control
- Built in seating with storage below
- Powered programmable shades
- Built in vented cabinet with AV shelf
- Paradigm in ceiling speakers in kitchen (4), living room (2), master bedroom (2), master bathroom (2)
- Living room tuned Anthem MRX amplifier and JL Audio F112 subwoofers subject to negotiation?
- Built-in maple desk with drawers, vented equipment cabinet and storage
- Comcast internet service
- Cat5 ethernet between office and selected rooms
- Optical network link between office and shed
- Built-in window seat with ventilated storage and equipment space below
- Powered programmable window shades
- Planked ceiling
- Marble counters, floor and shower
- Double sink
- Small appliance garage
- Electric towel heater
- Toto heated washlet toilet
- Large clawfoot bathtub with hand shower and marble shelf
- One piece Corian counter top with integrated sink
- Overhead storage
- Washer connections with gray water extraction to landscaping
- Gas dryer
- Two car tandem parking garage
- Tesla EV charger
- EV charger
- 50a outlet for 2nd EV charger
- 75’ of overhead storage shelving
- Eurocave 141+ bottle wine cellar
- Maple work bench
- Utility sink and counter
- Storage bins
- Hot tub heater and filter
- Domestic hot water heater
- Radiant heat distribution system
Shed (outdoor office)
- Modern Shed, pre-fab, fully insulated.
- Birch paneling
- LED lighting
- Non-combustible Hardie board siding
- Two dedicated 20a electrical circuits
- Irrigated planter boxes
- Multi-level ipe hardwood decking and rails
- Integrated 60” round teak hot tub with Sunbrella cover
- Overhead and stairway LED lighting
- Stubbed out wiring for landscape lighting
- The house is sided with non-combustible Hardie board and covered with a Class A roof. All ventilation spaces are protected with Vulcan vents.
- All rooms and garage protected with fire sprinkler system.
- All vegetation is carefully maintained to eliminate dead and combustible material.
- All walls are fully insulated. Top floor ceiling is filled with insulating foam.
- Marvin double pane wood windows are used throughout (most opening windows have integrated pull out screens).
- Velux skylights whose shades and opening motors are solar powered.
- Primary interior lighting is provided by Tech Lighting LED in ceiling fixtures on dimmers. Each fixture can be individually aimed and fitted with lenses for a variety of dispersion patterns.
- Secondary lighting is primarily LED strips or LED bulbs.
- Tesla Solar Panels with back up battery storage.
- High volume water filter on kitchen sink
- Most faucets are fed from a recirculating hot water system
- 50gal AO Smith high recovery rate (129gph) 96% efficient natural gas water heater
- Unregulated 3/4” water line feeds a 75’ firehose and nozzle.
- Programmable multi-zone irrigation system for all landscaping
- Flume water monitor provides monitoring of water usage as well as leak and water budget alerts.
- Warm Floors radiant heat system fed by domestic how water heater. Individually programmable thermostats for each of five zones.
- Skylight over stairwell opens to vent the entire house.
- 200a electrical service for the house, protected by a surge protector.
- 200a electrical service on second meter for EV charging at EV charging rates.
- 3.6kW Tesla solar panel system with two Tesla Powerwall battery storage units which provide backup power for the house service.
- Outlets at kitchen, master bedroom, guest bedroom and office have USB charging ports