A Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Mid-Century Modern Organic Architectural Masterpiece. This home has been meticulously restored, expanded and remodeled throughout, preserving the original design aesthetic while enhancing all aspects of this one-of-a-kind property. This amazing home immerses its occupants in a Zen-like experience with its beautiful panoramic Bay vistas and private, beautifully landscaped gardens. You will feel like you are on vacation year-round. San Francisco Bay is your backdrop from virtually every room of this dynamic, multi- level showplace nestled in iconic Toyon Terraces.
This architecturally significant residence has incredible scale and light throughout. There is almost 4,700 square feet of private living space on three levels, with walls of glass that bring the outdoors in along with loads of natural light. The feeling of being in a luxury treehouse is unmistakable. With three bedrooms and three full bathrooms, this beautifully maintained home masterfully blends high ceilings, an open floor plan and timeless designer finishes throughout. Seamless indoor/outdoor living with a great room that opens to a fabulous view terrace; beautifully redone eat-in kitchen and butler’s pantry; guest bedroom & bathroom; office; large custom walk-in storage room; wine cellar; and a recently remodeled laundry room are on the entry level. The entire upper level is the perfect, private Primary Suite complete with private view terrace, media room/den, double walk-in closets, a spacious master bathroom with private view deck, jacuzzi tub and large walk-in shower for two, and a sumptuous bedroom with private balcony. A separate bedroom suite with abundant storage and its own private terrace(s) are on the lower level. A separate Solarium is accessible from the lower level or a private side exterior entrance and has been remodeled as a home gym with infrared sauna.
The residence, on just over ¼ acre is perfectly sited to take advantage of the natural landscape, live oaks and sweeping views of the Bay and beyond. Take a flagstone path through the lush, oak and Japanese maple studded gardens created by DeZign Group, down to the Solarium or Australian fern grove below. Quality materials, high-end appliances and an idyllic location combine to create this awe-inspiring, architectural gem.
- Sophisticated contemporary showplace with timeless mid-century architecture
- Panoramic Bay views - unobstructed by undergrounded power lines
- Expanded and remodeled in 2000, 2005, 2020/21
- Almost 4,700 square feet of living space
- Beautifully landscaped 11,210 square foot terraced lot
- Formal atrium entry with walls of glass, natural stone floors and floating stairs
- Spacious living/dining room with wood burning fireplace (w/custom built-in cabinet and large Venetian plaster surround) opens to expansive view terrace
- Eat-in kitchen and pantry with walls of glass and views have been updated with custom cabinetry, Garland 8-burner range, Sub-Zero side-by-side refrigerator/freezer and 40-bottle Sub-Zero dual zone wine fridge, double sink w/dual Insinkerator(s) and granite counters
- Two guest bedrooms and guest bathrooms (entry and lower level)
- Separate Office on entry level
- Walk-in wine room
- Private Primary Suite on Upper Level: Large media room/den opens to enclosed view terrace with newly refinished IPE deck and walls of beautiful, crafted teak for easy indoor outdoor living on this level. The well thought out floor plan has loads of natural light that line the gallery hall to the walk-in closets, spacious bathroom with jacuzzi tub and walk in shower for two, and two private balconies from the bathroom and bedroom.
- Custom window coverings include electronic shades in the living room and media room that operate with remotes. The primary bedroom/bathroom have custom plantation shutters.
- Abundant finished storage is accessible from the lower bedroom suite (on the lower terrace) and in the Solarium.
- Hardwood flooring throughout
- Professionally painted inside/out 2021
- Recently remodeled laundry room with new washer/dryer, custom cabinetry, sink
- IPE wood decks throughout, refinished 2021
- Two furnaces with A/C in Upper Level and a portion of Main Level and splitter in Solarium
- Low voltage recessed lighting throughout
- Downstairs bedroom suite has three custom bookshelves (two that are doors opening to custom storage closets) and a separate laundry closet with stacked washer/dryer
- Solarium: Custom Solar Screen/awning, wrap around decks, large finished store room, infrared sauna and Chilewich flooring
- Three new Toto low flow receptacles added in 2021
- Designer hardware/fixtures throughout include Dornbacht/Vola and Hansgrohe
- Two water heaters
- Attached 2 car garage w/ epoxy floors has interior entry downstairs to main entry level
- Mature landscaping and gardens with live oaks, Japanese maples, Australian ferns, cymbidiums and more are all on automated irrigation. All decks/stairs/paths and patios have been recently refurbished with new stone/slate/crushed granite, etc. New low voltage fully automated landscape lighting added in 2021
- Private and peaceful yet close proximity to all conveniences
- Great commute location – just moments to the GGNRA, public transportation, shopping and restaurants!
All private showings of this owner-occupied property require verification of funds from prospective buyer. A complete disclosure package including pest/home/roof/sewer inspections, Preliminary Title Report and completed Sellers Disclosures are available upon request. This Designer owned home has been meticulously updated and maintained with no detail spared. There are two indoor kitties that live in the residence. Please review Offer Presentation Guideline in the Disclosure Packet for additional details. Please note buyers will appreciate this one-of-a-kind property once inside - driving by does not give a full picture of what awaits. In addition to all its wonderful features, the home offers a peaceful and private setting with unobstructed views with all utilities undergrounded (not a power line in sight).
Current Showing Schedule - By Appointment:
Friday, February 4 - 5:00-7:00pm
Saturday, February 5 - 11:00am-3:00pm
Sunday, February 6 - 1:00pm-4:00pm
Please click here to schedule on Calendly: https://calendly.com/firstcaliforniarealty/property-showing-234curreylane
Toyon Terraces was developed in the 1950’s by Rob Rose after he visited Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West in 1952. One of 50 students who were part of Wright’s Fellowship program, Mr. Rose was clearly inspired by Wright’s concept of “organic architecture” when planning the development. Toyon Terraces was featured at the 1954 Art & Garden Fair in Ross in an exhibit of scale models, architectural drawings and photographs. The June 25, 1954 Sausalito News describes the exhibit: “Siting of the new contemporary style homes which are individually architect-designed to blend with the natural landscape of the beautiful wooded areas in Toyon Terraces, is emphasized in the exhibit.”
Toyon Terraces developer Rob Rose describes his visit to Taliesin West in his “Toyon View” Column, in the January 3rd, 1952 issue of the Sausalito news (an excerpt):
“Frank Lloyd Wright, who lifelong has preached the beauty of natural materials, the preservation of natural landscaping and the complete harmony of homes with their surroundings, and who disliked the crowding of typical subdivisions and the marring of vistas with telephone poles, might well feel gratified to learn his preaching and teaching inspired Sausalito’s own Toyon Terraces.”
Please see the 3D tour of here: