Prepare to be completely enchanted by this magnificent Tudor Manor, originally built in the 1920’s. Expanded by present owner in 1968, this home offers almost 5000 square feet of living space. Situated on an idyllic half-acre lot on the creek in Wildwood Glen, this storybook English Tudor has been lovingly owned, expanded and maintained by the Raisbeck Family for over 50 years.
The extraordinary estate has multiple, generously-sized, light-filled gathering and entertaining rooms (library, family room, formal living room and dining room plus eat-in kitchen) on the entry level that accesses the much-stewarded yet felicitously unrestrained garden grounds through multiple French doors. In the paradisiacal setting with mature gardens, meandering creek and waterfall, black bottom pool and terraces, you feel you are living a Monet-at-Arles dream. This indoor/outdoor home has 5 wood-burning fireplaces and radiant heat. The custom eat-in kitchen was remodeled and expanded in 1994 with multiple skylights, oversized gas range, two sinks, marble and butcher-block counter spaces, a large walk-in pantry and separate level street entrance.
In the heart of New Town in Turney Valley just a few blocks from Caledonia Street, the site of this home was once the barnyard for the Gardner Ranch circa 1889, Sausalito’s oldest residence. The early settlers recognized this as a prime spot, with its spring-fed creek and lush land, as well as the close proximity to the Bay and Settlement. Current residents and neighbors also cherish the mild micro-climate, protected from coastal storms by the hillside. Nestled among lovely historical homes and close to world-class restaurants, shopping, marinas and public transportation – this is a rare opportunity indeed.
- Spectacular park like setting on almost ½ acre in the heart of Turney Valley
- Elegant & spacious estate with generously-sized rooms that flow graciously to outdoor spaces
- The formal entrance from Girard opens to grand entry hall that connects to a bright formal living room accessed through French doors, with a wood burning fireplace surrounded by an antique English mantle
- Five bedrooms (master bedroom with en suite bathroom)
- Three full bathrooms; one half-bath accessed from kitchen
- Spacious, eat-in, sky-lighted chef’s kitchen with walk-in pantry & separate street entrance
- Formal dining room
- Oversized family room designed by George Mansfield in 1968 was modeled after an English tithe barn with crucks (arched framing) – fondly referred to by present owners as “The Barn” and has a wood burning fireplace, walls of library shelves and wet bar.
- The library has walls of multi-paned windows and French doors that access adjacent terraces. Interior walls comprise shelves, wood stove and paneled fireplace
- Recently refinished or installed hardwood floors & new carpet throughout
- Most of interior painted March 2017
- Oversized garage (four cars); workshop area and storage with barn doors on garden end
- Off street parking for six cars
- Full size laundry area adjacent to master suite
- Full attic with Bay view window – perfect for storage or project room
- Great neighborhood with protected weather
- Close proximity to parks, shopping, restaurants, Bay and transportation
Shown by Appointment Only
Please call or text Sherrie at 415.339.9200 for a private showing!
Disclosures are available upon request and can be transmitted electronically via Dropbox. Offers must include an acknowledged receipt for Disclosure Package and Offer Presentation Guideline.
This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer is responsible for verifying its accuracy.